Hyundai has 7 combined Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) 2021 TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS (TSP+) and TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP)-rated vehicles in its lineup.
“Achieving an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK for our vehicles demonstrates our commitment to safety and occupant protection,” said Brian Latouf Chief Safety Officer, Hyundai Motor North America. “We are very pleased with these results and the award winning safety performance of our vehicles.”
Hyundai’s 2021 TOP SAFETY PICK+/TOP SAFETY PICK award winning models are:
1. Hyundai Palisade – TSP+
2. Hyundai Nexo – TSP+
3. Hyundai Veloster with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights – TSP
4. Hyundai Sonata with specific headlights – TSP
5. Hyundai Kona with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights – TSP
6. Hyundai Tucson with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights – TSP
7. Hyundai Venue with specific headlights – TSP
Hyundai has several new and significantly enhanced models launching later this year that IIHS has yet to test. Both TSP and TSP+ awards require “Good” ratings in all six IIHS crashworthiness tests — driver- and passenger-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraints. Award winners must be available with front crash prevention technology that earns a “Superior” or “Advanced” rating in both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations. TOP SAFETY PICK winners must also be available with “Good” or “Acceptable” headlights. The “plus” designation is given to models that have “Good” or “Acceptable” headlights across all trim levels and packages.